Preventative maintenance and tune-ups are crucial to ensuring your heating and cooling system works to its full potential each year. Maintenance should occur one to two times a year, twice yearly for older systems and once annually for newer ones. During these regular appointments, you can also ask questions or raise any concerns about your system.
Why Should I Get a Tune-Up?
You know you should schedule an HVAC tune-up, but for what reason? There are a few benefits you will receive through regular maintenance appointments, such as:
- Lower energy costs
- Prevent expensive future repairs
- Reliable and improved performance and comfort
- Increased system lifespan
- Maintain warranty
- Improve air quality
- Environmentally friendly
HVAC Maintenance Checklist
Preventative maintenance for HVAC keeps your system safe, efficient, and consistent, ensuring it will also work when you most need it. Here’s what our service technicians check during your appointment.
- Check thermostat settings
- Tighten electrical connections
- Lubricate moving parts
- Check and inspect the condensate drain in the air conditioner, ace and heat pump (in cooling mode)
- Check the system controls and ensure everything is operating properly
- Clean evaporator and condenser air conditioning coils
- Check the central air conditioner’s refrigerant levels and look for leaks
- Clean and adjust blown components
- Check all gas or oil connections, gas pressure, burner connections, and heat exchanges
What Can You Do on Your Own?
You can do some maintenance tasks on your own between preventative visits. These procedures include:
- Clean any debris from the area around the HVAC unit
- Clean off any dirt that builds up on your unit and does regular inspections of the unit
- Check, clean, and replace your air filters regularly
Work with Retro HVAC LLC
If you are looking for a company to help with your HVAC needs, consider Retro HVAC Services & Installation LLC. Our licensed and experienced HVAC technicians offer a full range of installation and maintenance services, including tune-ups and repairs.
To learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment, call (267) 234-1350 or complete our online contact form.
Air Conditioner Tune Up | When Is It Time for an AC Tune Up? (carrier.com)